1. WHO HOSTS THE “MUD FEST” EVENT IN SWEET HOME, OREGON?
The Santiam Four Wheel Drive Association (SFWDA.) See the About Us page located on this website for more information about the organization that hosts the event.
2. ARE TWO WHEEL DRIVE (2WD) VEHICLES ALLOWED AT THE EVENT?
No. 2WD vehicles (of any kind) are not allowed at the event for any reason. This is due to safety and maneuverability issues. Mud Fest is a Four Wheel Drive (4WD) event only. Only 4WD vehicles are allowed entrance into the event. This includes tow vehicles, trailered vehicles, spectator vehicles, participant vehicles, press vehicles, vendor vehicles, etc… No exceptions.
3. WHAT IS THE EVENT TICKET FOR?
Authentic event tickets are for entrance into the event. All attending the event must have an authentic event ticket to get into the event. Once in the event, ticket holders can chose to be a spectator, participant, or both.
4. ARE ATV’S, MOTORCYCLES, UTV’S, OR SEMI’S ALLOWED INTO THE EVENT BY TICKET HOLDERS?
No, due to safety and maneuverability issues these things, and others like them, are not allowed into the event by ticket holders whether participating or just spectating. No exceptions.
5. ARE PETS ALLOWED AT THE EVENT?
Yes, as long as they are under the control of the individual(s) that brought them into the event and they are not causing problems. If an animal becomes a problem at the event, the animal will have to be removed from the event.
6. ARE CHILDREN ALLOWED AT THE EVENT?
Yes. This is a family event. Children 8 years of age and under are free. Children must be with an adult at all times. Children must be safe at all times. Children (minors) in highly unsafe situations will not be tolerated.
7. WHAT IS DONE WITH THE EVENT REVENUE?
Putting on an event of this type and magnitude costs a tremendous amount of money. After paying to prep, conduct, and clean up the event, the small amount of profit is donated to worthwhile causes and used to fund future events.
8. ARE MEMBERS OF THE SFWDA (OR THEIR EVENT VOLUNTEERS) PAID FOR ANY OF THEIR HARD WORK FOR THE ORGANIZATION AND/OR EVENT?
No. Everything is done on a volunteer basis.
9. WHY ARE THE EVENT HOURS OF OPERATION ONLY FROM 9AM-3PM?
Due to noise and daylight issues, these are the allowed hours of operation for this type of event.
10. WHY IS THE EVENT ONLY HELD ONCE A YEAR?
There are many reasons that Mud Fest is only held once a year. It has traditionally been held once a year, permits and authorizations are granted for once a year, and it is a lot of work for volunteers to do more than once a year. However, each year, the possibility of multiple events is discussed.